|Far Far Away III Bundle|
Did you ever just need to make a quilt out of a fat quarter set? This bundle is so perfect - it is fun, bright, cheerful and full of whimsy. I decided on a simple quilt design to show off Heather Ross' fabulous details.
This quilt measures 45" x 55" with each finished block measuring 11 1/2" square. You can easily adjust the number of blocks to make this quilt bigger or smaller. Two fat quarters yield 4 blocks.
1 3/4 yards Far Far Away III Guitars Yellow/Green for the quilt back
1 1/2 yards Organic Sunset Stripe for bind and quilt back.
Cotton batting at least 50" x 60"
2. For each fat quarter, cut two 8" blocks, four 2 1/4" x 8" strips, and four 2 1/2" x 11 1/2" strips.
3. To make each block, sew the 2 1/4" strips to the center blocks, like in the picture below. Press the seams open.
4. Sew the 2 1/4" x 11 1/2" strips to the long sides of the block. Press the seams open.
5. Repeat for the other 19 blocks.
6. Arrange the blocks 4 x 5, finding a balance of all of the prints and colors.
7. Sew each of the blocks in the row together. Then sew each row together.
8. For the quilt back, cut the Guitar print along its length.
9. Cut a 5" strip of the Organic Sunset Stripe on the bias. Square the ends and sew it between the two panels of Guitar. This is what the finished quilt back looks like.
1o. Baste and quilt as usual.
11. For the binding, cut 2" strips of Organic Sunset Stripe on the bias. You will need just over 200" for this quilt.
If you need some extra directions about basting, quilting and binding, check out this post.
Congratulations! You are all done.